Monday, March 5, 2012

Call Of The Wild: Part Two

I thought it would be fun to have another look at our classic stars as they take another walk on the wild side. Dig out your pith helmet and your favorite leopard print attire so we can dive in. Also, please take the time to participate in my photo caption contest at the end.

*No animals were harmed in the making of this post.

Anita Page has it all here! Hat, fur, animal print and driving gloves. I think this outfit needed a turkey feather or two though.

Gene Tierney. Nothing says a beautiful spring day like five yards of leopard, bare feet and a couple of oddly placed flower pins.

Ingrid Bergman looks thrilled to be wearing this coat. Either that or she was just shown a review of "Arch of Triumph"!

I'm sure we've all gone for a stroll wearing flip flops, a tiny bikini and a leopard skin coat so Jayne Mansfield looks perfectly normal here while out with her son. Mickey Jr.

Martha Hyer is on the prowl. Borrowing Jayne Mansfield's pants is never a good idea! 

Paulette Goddard is just too sweet to have been punked this way! 

Maria Montez, even with that gorgeous face and body can't save this one. I'm not sure where to start but what's going on with her boobs, that backdrop and don't get me started on the fact that her dress appears to be made of rubber that's starting to melt away from her torso. 

Barbara Stanwyck is working that muff but that hat is making my scalp itch!

Claudette Colbert, the inspiration for "Clan of the Cave Bear"!  I have no doubt she could survive out in the wild for a few days before crying out for a martini cart and a fresh pair of footies!

Carole Lombard get's the award for most creative use of leopard print! I'm sure the cameraman is yelling at her to stop looking so sexy here.  This is how you work leopard sleeves!

Elizabeth Taylor, showing us why she had six husbands and seven marriages!  

Joan Davis. I think we can all agree that this hideous outfit was the inspiration for Snuggies! No amount of pouty lips and far off looks is going to make this get up look sexy. Well, perhaps a belt and a veil.

Connie Francis was given some catnip then told to do something, I'm not sure what.  She's like Julie Newmar Lite!  If I have to wear that to find out where the boys are, I'll pass!

The winner of my first caption contest is Rich with They still talk about the guest of honor at the AnthroCon of 1935..  


Thanks everyone who participated here and on Twitter.
Well, that's all of the animal print I can take for one day! Thanks for stopping by everyone and please leave your opinion on these outfits.
Page


16 comments:

  1. They still talk about the guest of honor at the AnthroCon of 1935...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rich,
      It's going to be hard to beat this one! I laughed for a good minute. Priceless! I'll never be able to look at that pic the same way.
      Page

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh, Jayne in the flip flops is priceless - are we sure that Lindsay Lohan and Jessica Simpson are not somehow related to her? I used to like the animal prints, but after this roundup, I am not so sure! And may I suggest for your next edition the inclusion of Miss Norma Desmond's leopard poolside ensemble? Thanks for the chuckle (and the gasp)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FlickChick,
      Jayne just needs a bag of cheetos. Ha Ha
      Thanks for your delightful comments, added commentary!
      Page

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were all funny, Page, but the Maria Montez quip was the best. I love these fashion critiques.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I'm glad you're enjoying these but you forgot to leave a caption for Dolores~ : )
      Page

      Delete
  5. This was a great laugh -- I too thought the Maria Montez caption was the best! Why didn't anybody, especially the photographer, see how hideous some of these pictures are?! Makes you wonder...

    OK, here's my caption for Dolores Del Rio:

    "If I wear this, I'll be a shoe-in as the Catwoman on Batman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becks,
      You have to wonder what these photographers were thinking. And you know how I hate animal prints anyway.
      Thanks for leaving a caption. Love it!
      Page

      Delete
  6. "Okay, Delores...you be the cheetah, and I'll be the easily-caught prey...heh heh heh..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ivan,
      Nice...very funny!
      Thanks for leaving a caption.
      Page

      Delete
  7. Wonderful, Page. Talk about a 'Journey Into Fear': Dolores prowls on hubby Orson Welles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CFB, Bwhaahhaaa Poor Orson! That's a good one.
      Thanks for participating.
      Page

      Delete
  8. The first thing that popped into my head for Delores' picture caption is..."Whats new pussy cat".

    ReplyDelete
  9. A couple of these are not animal prints, they are genuine leopard skin. Ingrid Bergman and Paulette Goddard definitely real as is of course the skin bikini of Claudette Colbert. I'm also pretty sure Anita Page and Carole Lombard's outfits are real skin too. Thanks for the pics anyway, I love early movies.

    ReplyDelete