Thursday, May 2, 2013

Stars Celebrate Spring!

I say Spring because I wore a coat to work today and it was a record low 35 degrees here. With that said, I am behind with my Spring posts only because I just cant get into it with this global phenomenon. 

Also, I had been on a serious click with my Hollywood at Home series and I've been getting a lot of email and comments requesting that I feature certain stars. I have not forgotten that and I am taking your requests into consideration. Look for that soon. In the meantime I'll be participating in the Mary Astor Blogathon and then the Child Stars Blogathon in just a few days.

While the Hollywood at Home series is dear to my heart, I've committed to some great Blogathons so please bare with me. It's going to be a fun and packed summer here at My Love of Old Hollywood.

For now, let's see what our favorite stars were up to in their Spring photo shoots.


Marilyn Monroe glows among Spring leaves.

The lovely, Mary Martin spends time in her garden. *wink, wink!

Greta Garbo lets her hair down while getting some down time from the studio.  (Is it me or is this the happiest, relaxed you've ever seen her?)

Yvonne De Carlo has some fun on her front lawn. 

Rita Hayworth smiles for her fans like Kevin Dearny!

Merle Oberon enjoys the view from her beach house.

Marilyn Maxwell climbs a tree in a tight sweater and no shoes. (We've all done this, right?  No?)

Our delicate Audrey Hepburn among lilacs.


Mary Brian gets into shape.

Lizabeth Scott in her white shorts among rocks. One guess as to who this photo shoot was meant for. : )

One last photo for some of my younger readers. Raquel Welch. Bring on Spring and short, shorts! : )

Suzanna Foster gets some bike riding in on a nice Spring day.

Thanks for stopping by! I can't tell you enough how grateful I am that so many of you have my blog on your reading list and you take the time out of your day to comment here. I appreciate you so much!
Page

10 comments:

  1. Love the photos, makes me smile, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks from Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right. Garbo looks like one happy gal in that picture.

    I want Merle Oberon's beach house. I will dream about it tonight.

    The picture of Mary Brian has put me in the mood to watch "Charlie Chan in Paris". Like I need a push to watch a Chan flick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Garbo looks so relaxed and natural in that photo that I didn't even recognize her.

    Gotta run! I'm going to climb a tree in a tight sweater and satin shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marilyn looks magnificent in that photo. Always fun to stop by and see what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many cool photos! Garbo looks totally fresh and relaxed, so does Rita. I loved Lizabeth and Mary Brian exercising.
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always find great pix! I especially like Yvonne DeCarlo's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that picture of Audrey Hepburn, the lights and the colors are so good! And I really love Audrey's hair here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sofia!
      It is a gorgeous photo of Audrey. She was such a natural beauty.

      Thanks for stopping by and come back often.
      Page

      Delete
    2. Hello, yes she definitely was! Thank you for replying to my comment!
      Sofia

      Delete