Saturday, July 6, 2013

Sharing the 4th of July weekend with Our Favorite Bathing Beauties

Sad face at having to work on the 4th but we can still celebrate the holiday with our classic stars strutting their stuff in the sun this weekend!

Let's have a look at who was wearing what and how they are celebrating summer!

Vera Miles lights her giant firecracker!

Joel McCrea enjoys a day at the beach.

Betty Grable shows off her perfect swimsuit body and curious tans lines.

Fred Astaire enjoys some down time on the tennis court.

Jean Simmons and husband, Stewart Granger relax in the pool. 

Jean Harlow enjoys a day of sailing. 

Mitzi Gaynor shows off her perfect gams!

Ida Lupino enjoys some pool time to soak up some sun.

Judy Garland spends some alone time with daughter, Lorna, in the pool.

Joan Crawford takes a moment to enjoy life, away time from the studio.

Mary Martin is as cute as button as she sets sail.

Marilyn Monroe is always up for some fun in the sun. Cheers, Sunshine!

Olivia de Havilland, channels her inner beach bunny!

Don't worry, Kev! I didn't forget Rita.



And since it's summer I might as well share some fun music. I thought Mariah's latest hit, Beautiful was appropriate for these flawless divas.

I hope you've all had a wonderful holiday weekend so far if you're in the states
and for the rest of you, I do hope you're enjoying this gorgeous weather. Wherever you're visiting from, thanks for stopping by and please join in on the conversations here, leave a comment on your favorite photo.

Page


10 comments:

  1. These stars surely knew how to have fun in a holiday! I especially apreciate Joan crawford's color pictures.
    Happy holiday! Enjoy!
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Le! : )
      How's your summer going so far? So hot here and over 100 this week.
      Page

      Delete
  2. I do not know why... but, it is odd to see Olivia de Havilland, wearing a bathing suit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, Dawn! I've always thought the same where Ollie is concerned and for some reason I think the same about Oberon and Ollie's sister Joan. They are so pure and I always picture them in pant suits or below the knee dresses, even while out enjoying the sun. : )

      Page

      Delete
  3. Before I forget.. my new email address is noirandchickflicks@yahoo.com

    lost all my passwords and had to start over..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for giving me your new email addy. I'll be sure to make sure all of the important lists are updated.
      So sorry you had pw problems.
      Page

      Delete
  4. I volunteer my time and energy to try to explain Betty Grable's curious tan lines. A happier job I can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha Kev! The job is yours. Please get back to us when you find out.
      Page

      Delete
  5. Honestly, I did not know Jean Simmons and Stuart Granger were married.

    And yes, those are some curious tan lines that Betty Grable is sporting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, SS. I didn't know it for the longest time. He was her first husband and they had a child together. They certainly made for an interesting couple.

      Thanks for stopping by. I got through half of my blog roll last weekend so hoping to get over to your place and check out what you've been up too soon.
      Page

      Delete