Sunday, September 8, 2013

One Last Splash In the Pool Until Next Summer!

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that summer went by way too fast once again. But here we are hanging up our bathing suits and trading them in for pants and something that shows off that we did get a bit of a tan this summer. (Well, okay, I won't be for another few weeks since it's still in the 90s here.)

This is my last bathing suit post for the year but fret not. Shirley will be back in no time to rip apart our beloved stars as they model their favorite furs and fabulous hats.

If you're ready, let's have one final look at the stars in their swimwear as we count the days until we're no longer able to sport the same looks without our neighbors giving us the side eye.

I can't even snark on Marie Wilson here. She's so darn cute in her little short overalls and pail. I'm sure this was a spontaneous moment on the beach during her day off. *wink

Where do I even begin with Natalie Wood? Hmmm... ALOHA, Boys!

It would be cruel to not give our beloved, Kev one last bathing suit still of Rita before Shirley starts ripping her to shreds with her hat posts. She does look like a Goddess here!

Ann Rutherford works the one piece like nobodies business!

Ann Baxter has a bit of fun in the pool but that bathing suit does nothing to take away from the Baby Jane makeup. Oh, Ann! Bette did have the last laugh.

It is easy to see how Ava Gardner melted so many hearts. She's divine in polka dots.

I'm not sure what Bette was going for here but I'm going to give her a pass. She's below Ava and she's probably just tickled to see Ann Baxter looking a mess. 

This is one of my favorite candid photos of Betty Grable. She looks like she's having so much fun on this photo shoot and she's just adorable here.

Buster Crabbe for the ladies. He can rescue me any time!

Carole Lombard looked amazing regardless of her attire. She could pull off a men's three piece suit, a cocktail dress or the latest in swim wear. A class act!

I thought I would show Clint Eastwood some love since he's going through some hard times right now. You've made some ladies day, Clint!

Cyd Charisse, suns her perfect body.

Deanna Durbin enjoys a day on the high seas. 

Well, so long summer! I hope you enjoyed seeing the stars soaking up the sun one last time this year but at least Shirley will be back with some hideous and insane fall and winter fashion. Also, I'm working on a new fashion series which I'm keeping under wraps for now and of course, Hollywood at Home will be making it's return finally. (I think you'll be pleased at who's Hollywood homes will be featured.)

See ya soon and please comment on any of the fashions or faux pas you've seen here.

All the best and thanks for stopping by!
Page


23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. BT,
      He was a looker, wasn't he? Never really muscular but more of a swimmers build. But that's just fine with me. ha ha

      Page

      Delete
  2. Bette Davis looks like she's having a stare down with a grasshopper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      So many things come to mind with this comment. As thin as she was here, I think the grasshopper would get the best of her. If that was sultry then I just don't even know. I guess I have to give her props for trying.

      Page

      Delete
  3. "SM GUARD"...

    Hmmm...

    Perhaps I shouldn't think too much about that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Rich!
      I'm sure you know it stood for Santa Monica but it was funny all the same.

      Thanks for supporting these silly bathing suit posts with your clever commentary.
      Page

      Delete
  4. As much as I love Rita, I must say that Ava Gardner photo is one for the ages. I'm going to go lay down now and smoke a cigarette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev,
      You little cheater! : )

      Thanks for giving us a good laugh.
      Page

      Delete
  5. "Yeah, yeah" I'm thinking to myself, "the gals look great, but" ... and then you give me Buster Crabbe. What a darling you are!

    Perfect for today as the humidex in Toronto reached 40 celsius! What month is this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, CW!

      Youza, it's hot everywhere. It certainly doesn't feel like September but I'm not quite ready for cold weather. I keep forgetting that you're so far up north.

      I had a good laugh at Rich pointing out the SM on Buster's bathing suit. Getting ready to go tell him what it actually stands for.

      Always good to see ya.
      Page

      Delete
  6. I think Kevin is right about the Ava photo, but for some reason I feel like he's cheating on Rita, and it's not right :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CFB.
      It feels a bit like cheating to me too. Especially since I gave Kev, Rita in the same darn post. ha ha

      Thanks for stopping by.
      Page

      Delete
  7. Recently read the latest Ava Gardner bio - in which she remarked that Elizabeth Taylor was very pretty, "but I was beautiful." Ava called 'em as she saw 'em - in this case, I have to agree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LE,
      You've got to love Ava and her brutal honesty, confidence. ha ha
      Thanks for giving us one of her quotes. You've also reminded me that I really need to pick up her bio from my book shelf and actually read it.
      Page

      Delete
  8. Rita Hayworth and Carole Lombard are the winners here, to my mind. Then there's Clint -- pretty hot.... I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm very glad to see the heat and humidity folding up their sweaty selves and leaving! It's been a horrible hot summer, and I'm thrilled to feel the coolness and hear the cicadas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, my dear, Becks! : ) I owe you a bunch of emails. I can't wait to catch up.

      Seems as though Clint has quite a few fans with great taste. ha ha

      Hugs!
      Page

      Delete
  9. I'd say both the gals and guys look fabulous. It's not every day one gets to see young Clint Eastwood in trunks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Dor!
      I saw a photo of Clint's son last week and my gosh he is the spitting image and looks just like Clint does here. Very handsome!

      Good to see you. : )
      Page

      Delete
  10. Ola ,que beleza de blog.Estarei seguindo pois adorei.Grande abraço.SU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ola! : )
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Hurry back.
      Page

      Delete
  11. Great pictures page! When young Clint was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Anne Baxter's shot - looks like she fell in or got dunked in the 'drink.' That appears to be a romper she had on and not a swimsuit. And Buster Crabbe looks divine - he's on the Santa Monica Pier with the Santa Monica Palisades cliffs in the background (anyone who lived on the West side of LA knows those iconic cliffs at a fast glance) -- and he has on an SM lifeguard shirt which I can only surmise is a Santa Monica lifeguard tank!

    ReplyDelete